KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances.
KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
- Applicant must be aged 5 - 18 years.
- Applicant must have a health Care Card or Pension Concession Card.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area that they are applying to (exceptions may apply).
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other or related costs as identified by the club).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child.
- Applicants can only receive funding once per year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
- An applicant can be 'validated' by a recognised referral agent. (e.g. school teachers, doctors, police, social workers, local area coordinators)
Clubs can register as a recognised KidSport club with the City of Perth.
A completed application voucher for each child must be completed and returned to the City of Perth, GPO Box C120, Perth WA 6839.