City of Perth Cycle Plan
City of Perth Cycle Plan 2029
The City of Perth is delighted to announce that the Cycle Plan 2029 was endorsed by Council on 9 October 2012 and is now available to download on this page. The City of Perth has developed this Cycle Plan for the city to support the thousands of people choosing to cycle at present and encourage others to take up cycling.
Cycle Plan Goals
- Cyclists of various abilities will have access to an integrated, accessible and safe strategic cycle network.
- The City of Perth will have an informed community that participate in cycling and both acknowledge and appreciate the environmental, economic and social benefits that cycling provides.
To achieve these goals the City of Perth will endeavour to:
- Create a strategic cycle network to introduce key east-west and north-south routes and implement complementing key infrastructure.
- Plan an active role in the encouragement and promotion of cycling.
- Provide more education and training for all road users, and increase the viability of cycling to develop an inclusive and vibrant cycling culture.
An Implementation Program has been developed spanning the next five years, which details how the City of Perth will deliver the strategic cycle network and increase cycling participation.
Keep yourself informed - Subscribe to updates
Click here to sign up to be kept up to date with the Cycle Plan and cycling initiatives in the city.