Deputations to Committees
1. Requests for deputations are to be made in accordance with Clause 5.9 of the City of Perth Standing Orders 2009.
2. Applications for deputations wishing to be received by a Committee must apply in writing to the CEO either by e-mail or facsimile prior to the commencement of the Committee Meeting. The request will be forwarded to the Presiding Member of the relevant Committee for consideration.
24 HOURS NOTICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
3. The Presiding Member may either approve the request, in which event the applicant is invited to attend a meeting of the Committee, or may request to the Committee to decide at the meeting whether or not to receive the deputation.
4. Applicants invited to present a deputation to a meeting –
(a) must not exceed 5 persons, only 2 of whom may address the meeting, although others may respond to specific questions from the members;
(b) must not address the meeting for a period exceeding 10 minutes without the agreement of the meeting.
5. For the purpose of determining who may address the Committee on an issue, all those people either in favour of or opposed to an item are deemed to comprise a single deputation.
6. A matter which is the subject of a deputation to a Committee is not to be decided by that Committee until the applicant has completed the deputation.
7. Committee Members will be granted the opportunity to ask the applicant any questions at the conclusion of the deputation. The applicant will be requested to sit in the gallery and will not be permitted to speak again following the Committee’s discussion on the item.
If you require further information regarding this topic, please telephone City of Perth Corporate Support Unit on 9461 3306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org