A licence is required for any sign which is to be erected or displayed within 100m of any street, way, footpath, or other public place, in accordance with City of Perth Local Law No 40.
Planning Approval is also required for roof signs, billboards and signs associated with heritage buildings or precincts and in some areas of West Perth.
A sign or advertisement affixed or painted on a shop window and relating to the business does not need to be licenced.
Sign Application Requirements
When you apply for a Sign Licence, the following is required:
- a completed Sign Application Form.
- a completed MRS Form 1 Application if Planning Approval is required.
- Lodgement of Application and payment of fees
- Site Inspection to determine the proximity to existing signs and relationship with building.
- Assessment: is in accordance with the City of Perth Local Law No. 40. A check is made to ensure that the sign identifies an owner , occupier or activity related to the building.
- Issue of Licence is generally completed within 8 working days if no planning approval is required.
For further information about Sign Licences contact us.