The City has a major role in supporting the cleanliness and health of the city living environment including monitoring food safety. It aims to ensure high standards of environmental health and to promote healthy living and work practices throughout the city.
Approval is required for any activity involving:
- any or all restaurants, cafes, coffee shops and take away food premises public buildings *
- any food manufacturing businesses
- bathroom toilets or laundries in any/ or all premises
- fish shop * laundry *
- dry cleaning business
- lodging house *
- morgue *
- skin penetration premises
- use of a premises as a temporary public building *
- temporary food outlets at outdoor events, fairs & festivals
- itinerant food vending *
- enquiries in relation to sewerage, lighting & ventilation
*Please request a specific application form when seeking approval for this activity.
When you apply for approval to conduct any of the above operations, the following is required:
- two sets of working drawings (site plan, elevations and details of fit out)
- completed application form (if applicable)
- Fees (apply to some applications)
- Noise Management Plan, if you intend to conduct building work on Sundays or prior to 7am on Weekdays
For more information about Health Applications contact us.